Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Looking who can create the following file

Customer Question
Hello, Looking for someone who can...
Looking for someone who can create the following file using Microsoft excel VBA or similar structure...
The backdrop to this project is we are an air conditioning company that maintain all the properties for a certain company. Each property can have several building and each building several suites. Once we access the suite, we want to be able to look at the maintenance that has been done on that specific suite. Not only that but we need to have it divided into 4 quarters. So for each quarter we can see what maintenance we have performed for that specific suite as each suite has its own air conditioning system...
Here are the specifics:
SCREEN 1: PROPERTY
(25 clickable buttons with editable property names)
scalable to 50 if company purchases more properties
*click a selected property*
SCREEN 2: BUILDING
List of buildings that belong to that property
(15 total buttons to open up screen 3 for that building to list it's suites)
SCREEN 3: SUITE
List of suites that belong to a building
(25 total buttons)
SCREEN 4: QUARTER
4 Quarters
1st, 2nd, 3r, 4th quarter buttons
SCREEN 5:
(No buttons needed, editable text box to plug in current maintenance we have preformed on the selected suite for that quarter)
American Air, LLC.
Victoria Childress
Pictures available upon request
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
5 photos added.
Screen 1.jpgScreen 1.jpgScreen 2.jpgScreen 2.jpgScreen 3.jpgScreen 3.jpgScreen 4.jpgScreen 4.jpgScreen 5.jpgScreen 5.jpg
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/5/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 2 years ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
looking at your pictures I am not sure that populating buttons like that makes much sense. have you considered the following, condintional drop downs. dropdown 1, select Property, drop down 2 will populate with buildings associated with selected propertydropdown 2, select building, drop down 3 populate wit suites associated with buildingdropdown 3, select suite, drop down 4 populate with quarter associated with suitedropdown 4, select quarter, text box created associated with selected quarter. Anyway something to think about. I have an appointment to go to now, but should be back later to discuss this further with you. You can let me know if this is something that sounds good to you,
Im ok with that. I just want it to look appealing to the customer logging in on our computer. They will have access to this and will check frequently
Can you do it for us? I'm not familiar with the dropdown function
ok, i can do this for you but I will need you to create a sheet in the folowing format
Okay are you wanting me to input the accurate names? I'm confused... this needs to be editable on my end so that if they add or remove a property I can do so as well.. I can go in and make the name once the dropdowns are completed correct?
so basically you will create a list in 4 columns, repeating anything that needs repeating so that you have one possible combination for each property, building, suite, and quarter. i mean how is everything linked to everything now
So each property has a different name and buildings are numbered as well as suites. We don't have an exact number on each which is why we put in the photos (15 buildings per property) (25 suites per building) that way if a link goes unused it is better than not having one at all... make since?
yes, but even with buttons, you would still have to have each property associated with each building and each building with each suite, ect.. The reason I suggested drop downs is it is a little bit more dynamic as the list can be populated based on what the user selects regardless of how many buildings it has. The data would need to be arranged like the example though.