The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

I need a formula or a function assistance in Excel

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.How may I help today with the Excel formula/function?I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to copy and paste continuous rows of data from one spreadsheet to another - but the second spreadsheet has a row of data in between each line. I tried to hide those rows, but the result is not correct. I can upload the sheet if you need to see what I am talking about
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know there is a way to do this without going line by line but I can't remember how.
Please, upload the document to this page using the Paperclip button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, so in the workbook, the first tab "sheet 3" has yellow highlighted categories. On the second tab "Sherman Oaks" has the same categories highlighted in green but with % of sales formulas under each. I want to copy to yellow row data to the green row data without affecting the % of sales line and without going line by line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File is too large. Do you want to connect and look at it?
Thank you for the explanation. How large is the file?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7.3 Mb
Please, upload it using the following website, which supports that file size. Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com- Upload the file to that website- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File is Daley1958, password ***** *****
I don't understand. What is the File ID?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Daley1958
That is not correct. Where did you get that ID from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How about I share it with you from Dropbox
Were you not able to upload it to wikisend.com?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't go
It didn't go or you didn't go there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was the message I received as soon as it uploaded:We are sorry, but the requested file doesn't exist or has expired and is no longer available.
Please, upload it to this page and give me the download link: http://www.megafileupload.com/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hold on - sent you the wrong one. Sorry
Okay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.megafileupload.com/ng2W/Marias_2015-2020_Growth_Model-Revised.xlsThis should be correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive it OK?
Yes, I have it now and am looking it over.
Please, walk me through this a few times. Which cells from Sheet3 will go to the Sherman Oaks tab, for example?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK so on sheet 3, you will see there are categories of revenues and expenses line by line. I want to copy that data in bulk over to the Sherman Oaks in one shot without disturbing the lines under each category with the % of sales. For example, I want to copy all of the revenue lines on Sheet 3 to match the same revenue lines on Sherman Oaks, but they are every other line. I want to skip over the % of sales on Sherman Oaks because that line is not on Sheet 3. Make sense??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to hide % rows but that doesn't work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a formula that will do it, but I don't remember what it is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have the Kutools addin but can't make it work from there either.
I cannot get this working. I am very sorry.For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.Thank you for your patience. - Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
i would like to try to see if I can help but I cannot access the link you provided. I would like to offer secure remote assistance if that is something you are interested in. I am sending an offer for it now. This is an entirely optional service and it does cost extra. If you decide not to do it, I will give you a couple of file sharing sites I have used, to see if one of those would work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is $55 in addition to the $37 I have paid?
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
technically you haven't paid anything yet. But yes it would be in additional and that is for the remote support if you decide you want to go that route. If not that is fine. Here are a few file sharing sites. ge.ttsendspace.comwikisend.com which you might have already tried I think
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you have read the thread let me share the file and you will see what I am talking about. There is a formula for this but I don't remember it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/qxm1pa
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
got the file, I can give you a formula to do this, the problem is you will have to manually copy and paste the formula to each 2nd row. The only way to automate it would be through the use of a macro. Which I can write if you so desire. Which do you prefer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to be able to delete "Sheet 3" when everything is completed, as I will apply this to numerous stores with the same layout. So I'm guessing that would require a macro?
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
a macro would be the best, ***** ***** send an offer for macro creation. And yes it would be added to the question price. Can I ask what version of excel you have. It is important. Also are you going to need to apply this to multiple sheets in the same workbook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I would need to do that for sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 2010
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
i see from your example how it will match with sheet3 mostly, what are the other sheets you need to populate in this way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Each of the different tabs that have location names, ie, Oxnard, Woodland hills, Encino, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I get the majority of it done quickly, I can tweak individual cells as needed that may vary buy location
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
so all of the sheets would pull from the same source data in sheet 3. And we are looking for matching lines.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you scroll down on Sheet 3, you will see each location one after the other which will tie out to the locations by tab on the workbook. So all the data is there. I'm trying to move it all quickly - bypassing the % of revenue rows - as those are formulas based on the revenue/expense input. I believe most all of the lines match although some various locations may not have data for all of them - which doesn't matter.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
i see now. ok that will make things a little more expensive I am sending a new offer for macro creation
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
may seam a bit pricey, but it is extremely complicated to program, believe it or not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I'd love to do it, but that's more than the balance I will collect from the work. I know it is complicated, but I will just have to spend the time to do it that hard way. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
do you still want the formula, for the cost of the original question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure - but is it the formula that just pulls it from one sheet to another? I know how to do that. But send it anyway and thanks
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
never mind, I just realized that a formula is not going to work, because of how your categories are named. you really will need the macro. I wish you the best of luck. If you change your mind you know how to reach me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks.