Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Publisher says "Publisher cannot save this file." What is

Customer Question
happening here?...
Publisher says "Publisher cannot save this file." What is happening here?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/30/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mac OS X 10.6.8

Thank you, ***** ***** you know what version of office /publisher you are using, such as 2008, 2011,2016 ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Publisher 2010
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Running Parallels

Ahh.. so your running a windows version of office, inside parralells.

What version of windows are you running in parralells?

And is it only publisher that cant save files properly? ( we need to know if this is a system wide windows or office issue, or just publisher)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Running Windows 7- Just saved MSW text file to desktop; no problem.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
must be either Publisher problem only, or, file size problem... Now indicating low disk space (file size is 70mb. So think I have just solved this one myself. Do you agree?

If your planning on increasing the disk allocation for the hard drive within parralells,

and if doing so solves the issue then you may have just solved the issue yourself.

Keep me posted, if it worked let me know so I can send the refund link.. If it doesnt work, send a reply and we can continue working the issue together.. As it could be a permissions error blocking your file save~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, will do. At 3:50 p.m. Wed. March 30 First will empty trash.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** leave your site now & come back, or do I need to keep browsing continuously?

You s hould have a record of our conversation in your email, you can use that to return.

Or you can manually go to justanswer.com in your browser then click my questions at the top right, and you should see our question showing to click on, and respond~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
While trying to delete large files on the over loaded "C Drive I from Windows 7 went into "Computer " and when I clicked Hardware devices, the screen/mouse froze. As of now my Mac is locked up. Even the screen saver isn't working. ..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
P.S.- I have only a smart phone & and IPad working now.

Ive just seen your replies.

In the meantime, did you force a shutdown of your mac and restart? If so,for safe measure on the mac side we should run this repair

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the lower right hand side, click repair permissions .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why am I doing this? I know for sure now that my Local C Drive was full. What I don't know is how to change the allocation of more mb to my C Drive. How can I check to see how full my C Drive is? I do know I can just delete large files or transfer them to my remote HD. If you can answer those questions you will be worth your salt...

The last thing you had mentioned is that the mac was frozen, hence why I suggested the hard shutdown and permissions repair.

If you want to increase the size allocated to the hard drive in parralells, you can do that from the control manager as follows.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/113972

That will allow you to assign more hard drive space. Once you have more room on the drive..

You should be able to access the c drive within windows and delete folders and files normally.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Running Parallels, I don't need to delete files from Windows (a risky move requiring backing up all my files) as I can do that easily from the Mac side. I am bothered by your statement that "I suggested the hard shutdown." Reviewing our conversation here, I fail to see any advice from you that I do a hard shutdown. I do see that after I had already given up saving my unsaved file, and done a hard shutdown (the logical way to deal with a frozen screen), you asked me if that was what I had done. The point is important, because it goes to the issue of whether you were able to answer my questions. I don't see any indication that you gave me actionable advice that worked...

Ive suggested multiple steps that youve either questioned why you should do them, or you did them and moved on to the next issue /message.

The conversation in its entirety is view-able from beginning to end.

I see you didnt respond to my suggestion and explanation on increasing the hard disk side within parralells for windows.

Also, the whole point of deleting files would be to delete files you dont need, which isnt risky at all.

As far as where to go from here, you dont seem to be seeking advice or help at this time, so Im going to send this link and call it a day~

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist