Thank you for that information. By default, autosave is turned on in Word for Mac. I am going to provide instructions for retrieving a previous version of a document using the autosave feature.
Browse, restore, duplicate, and delete versions
- Open the document, then choose File > Revert To > Browse All Versions.
- Click tick marks along the timeline to browse versions.
- Display the version you want, then do one of the following:
- To restore your document to this version, click Restore.
- To duplicate this version in a new document, press the Option key and click “Restore a Copy.”
- To delete this version, move the pointer to the top of the screen to show the menu bar, then choose File > Revert To > Delete This Version.
- To leave your document as is, without changes, click Done.
Explicitly save a version
Choose File > “Save.”
To save the document using a different filename, location, or format, press the Option key and choose File > “Save As.”
Revert a document to the last opened version
Choose File > Revert To, then choose Last Opened, Last Saved, or Previous Save.
If the instructions that I've have provided have been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for Just Answer I do not receive credit for my answer or any compensation at all without a rating of 3 stars or more. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!