Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I need to import an Excel CSV file into indesign creation of…

Customer Question
I need to import an...
I need to import an Excel CSV file into indesign for the creation of a directory. It won't give me multiple listings on the same page, even though I have one master page and facing pages is clicked off.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/19/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 2 years ago
Pete, Computer Expert

Hi Stefani,

Using this method for creating a directory doesn't work very well in InDesign, however there is a script that you can run after importing the csv file to help fix things.

Try adding this script to InDesign and running it on your imported table: http://www.scriptopedia.org/en/js-indesign/126-csvtotable-en.html