Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am running ms access on both my laptop and a workstation…

Customer Question
I am running ms access...
I am running ms access on both my laptop and a workstation in the office. Both are 2013. On the laptop if I import a excel spreadsheet it gives me options to set the field names and type of field it is or let it use the first row as the field names.
Is their option I need to set..
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/14/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 2 years ago
Pete, Computer Expert

Hi Bill,

Yes, you will need to select your required option, depending on how the data is arranged on the spreadsheet.

Pete.

Sorry I mean that on my desktop the ability to set the option does not come up MS Access just loads the excel file and the first row goes in as data.

It also does not give me the option to change the column attributes on my desktop as does my laptop.. Was there a problem with the installation?

Could you send me a screenshot of the options where they do show for you on the laptop?