Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Need an Excel macro to copy info from several workbooks and

Customer Question
paste into one workbook....
Need an Excel macro to copy info from several workbooks and paste into one workbook.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Hi there and welcome

I can do this for you.

Can you explain what exactly is needed? When you say workbooks, these are seperate files or sheets?

And is it the entire sheet you need to copy in or a range?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They are separate files but located within one folder. There is a file (Excel sheet) for each sales person that lists the jobs they are paid commission for each pay period. I need this info copied to an Excel sheet in a particular format so it can be uploaded into the accounting program. Attached is an example of a sales person's commission sheet and an example of the format I need the info copied to.

ok, so G and H from the commissions goes into B and C of the QB import sheet? As the sheets have different data

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Everything that is highlighted on commissions goes into the QB import sheet. The Customer Names go into the import sheet. The $$ in the RTO and Completed Commission columns needs to go into the import sheet on a line that says "prepaid commission" . The $$ in the Expense column need to go on the import sheet on a line that says "Prepaid Commissions:Prepaid Sales Rep Expense Reimb". On the QB import sheet there a transaction for each sales person. The first line of the transaction has the sales person's name, and the next several lines is the list of customers and the corresponding commissions paid.

Can you tell me which Column you mean in the import file with this

The $$ in the Expense column need to go on the import sheet on a line that says "Prepaid Commissions:Prepaid Sales Rep Expense Reimb"

As I do not see that column

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to drive to the office now. I will log back in as soon as I get there so we can continue. A quick phone call might be the best way to explain it. I will log back in approx 30 minutes from now. Sorry, but I don't want to be late to work. I am the accounting manager. Hopefully you will still be online. :)

ok no problem

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I am at work.

As I do not see that column

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On the Commission Pay Sheet the $$ in column H go into the QB import file in column H. Column F in the QB import file needs to "prepaid commissions:Prepaid Sales Rep Expense Reimb".
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On the Commission Pay Sheet the $$ in columns E & F go into the QB import file in column H. Column F in the QB import file needs to say "prepaid commissions".
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The accounting side of this is the RTO and Completion commissions are labeled as "prepaid commissions" for the corresponding customer name. The expenses are labeled as "prepaid commissions:Prepaid Sales Rep Expense Reimb" for the corresponding customer name.

ok, so your saying Volume H & E & F all go into Column F in the QB import file?

Can I ask please as we initially discussed, give me one clear list of which cells in the commission sheet goes into the QB import sheet please.

Just as Comission H&E&F to QB Import H as totaled as example else the explanation is too confusing sorry,.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, I'm not doing a very good job explaining this in writing. I will try using your example. :)
Commission B to QB Import GExample:
Commission B, E&F to QB Import G&H with F "Prepaid Commissions".
Commission B & H to QB Import G&H with F "prepaid commissions:Prepaid Sales Rep Expense Reimb"
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Commission G&H added as if both were negative amounts into QB Import H on the first line of each transaction

ok, maybe you need to take a minute and explain it here? As now your saying B which is a date to G which is a currency amount.

Please, I just want you to tell me

Which cells from Comission go to the import sheet.

Don't over complicate it.... just line by line for each one

Commission B to Import G

Comission D + G to Import H

Just like that...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am trying. It's just that on QB Import F needs to auto populate based upon which column the $$ on Commission Sheet.Commission B will always go to Import G
Commission E,F,G,H will always go to Import H

ok, thats much cleaner

So I am adding Commission E,F,G,H togther and putting the total in H right?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not really.
If Commission E or F then Import H and Import F auto populate with "Prepaid Commissions".
If Commission H, then Import H and Import F auto populate with "prepaid commissions:Prepaid Sales Rep Expense Reimb"

ok, so you mean

If Commission E has a value then E else F and put in Import H and in Import F auto populate with "Prepaid Commissions".

If Commission H as an entry, then Import H and Import F auto populate with "prepaid commissions:Prepaid Sales Rep Expense Reimb"

Is this correct and everything?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A couple more points. On Import on the first line of each transaction

ok, please explain exactly like we just did, all other rules, clearly and per line for each rule please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On first line H is the negative sum of H for that transaction.
Commission I1 to Import first line of transaction A
Commission J1 to Import first line of transaction B
Commission K1 to Import first line of transaction C
Commission L1 to Import first line of transaction D
Commission M1 to Import first line of transaction E
Commission N1 to Import I for every line in that transaction
Import first line of each new transaction F will always be "Accounts Payable"
Import first line of each new transaction G will always be empty

commission J, K, L, M, N are all blank in the files you gave me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry. I was doing that from home this morning and forgot it has been updated.
Please see attached.

does every sheet begin on row 6?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have approx. 20 sales people. I checked about 5 or 6 and they all started on Line 5.

ok, last point then is how will you want it to choose the files to import? you run the macro, select the file and it imports, then run it again and it imports the next one and you repeat till its complete?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All the files (there is one for each sales rep) are in the same folder "Sales Reps". The macro should run for all files in the Sales Reps folder and create one QB Import file. (Not one QB Import file for each sales rep file)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The macro will be run for each paydate so it will need to use the correct range of cells.

ok... what do you mean with the last point?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Each commission pay sheet shows numerous paydates. Example: on the Commission Pay sheet the paydates are:
lines 6 to15,
lines 17 to 29
lines 31 to 35
The purpose of this macro is to import the commission info for each pay period as they occur.

ok, thats a new requirement.

I am going to opt out of this question, it may be better suited to another expert to go through and finalize these requirements and gather any additional ones remaining.

You do not need to do anything, you will be notified when an expert takes over.

Thank you

Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 1 year ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

i think I was working with you on a similar question before. You decided not to continue at that time

Looks like you want to do this again.

Can I assume that the files attached are the latest.

NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast