Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am creating a dashboard using Excel Powerpivot 2013. I…

Customer Question
I am creating a dashboard...
I am creating a dashboard using Excel Powerpivot 2013. I need to create a calculated field that is Sales/Displays. The sales table is simply sales by item and customer with the dates sold. The Displays table is a record of when an the item's display was placed, and which customer. Once the display is placed, it remains there. So the Sales/Displays field needs to divide the Sum[sales] by Sum[displays]. The problem is the fact that the display remains there. So if the display was placed in Feb. I need the March Sales to be divided by that display and so on. In this example, the Feb. rack wouldn't be included in the Jan. calculation because it hadn't been placed yet.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/4/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: caraleneK, Office Engineer replied 2 years ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Office Engineer

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you.

Waiting your feedback please let me know if you need more help waiting your feedback or a rating

HERE is how you can set it up

1. In the table you want to add the new column to, scroll to and click the right-most column.
  2. In the formula bar, type a valid DAX formula, and then press Enter.

3. Right click on the column header>Rename, and then type a name.

The problem I'm having with using a DAX formula here is 2 fold; 1) I don't know a DAX formula that would calculate a running, or accumulated total for each month 2) when the pivot table is filtered by date, the formula would not be dynamic so would it include the displays from months prior to the filtered date?

Thanks for you feedback.....I have Opted Out, opening the case to another Expert to help you with this.

Thanks for your time.

Hello again I see you still waiting do you want to upload the Excel document for me to see if I can sort this out for you please.. Waiting your feedback

Thanks for checking back. I believe I have it figured out. How do I close/withdraw the request?

Thanks for your feedback and well done on the fix... you can close the request on your site or I will ask for the call to be close take care