Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I need to know how to create an additional bookmark as a…

Customer Question
I need to know how...
I need to know how to create an additional bookmark as a cross reference so that I can right click all in my template and "update fields" and have word copy/replace all the data for me. I had a programmer do this but I need to add additional bookmark fields. I tried to go to insert bookmarks then cross ref, and it says "Error! Reference Source Not Found" Please see: http://understandcontractlawandyouwin.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/cross-ref-bookmarks.png and http://understandcontractlawandyouwin.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/error-ref-source-not-found.png for a visual of what I mean.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/3/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your question today. Is there any additional detail you can provide?

That

That means that it doesn't find the bookmark originally created that is now being referenced. You may only have to recreate the bookmark or the references to it

If you need someone to take the document and correct it throughout, that's something I can do for you as an additional service. It is one of my specialties - I have a great deal of experience working out word formats on documents for publishers up to a few thousand pages long.

OK so please teach me how to correctly do it. Here is a 2 minute video of me trying to do with, only to fail: http://sendvid.com/iwh4b2jw Please point out what I am missing to get this to work. Thanks!

When you highlight the area to bookmark and create the bookmark, there wont be anything obvious that happens. The bookmark will just be created. Then, you can create a link to it by inserting a hyperlink, choosing "place in this document" and then selecting the bookmark.

Mr. Michael, Did you watch the video? This is hard to explain via email. Can you watch and tell me how to accomplish what I am trying to accomplish ?

Yes, I did. That is what my response is based on above.