Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

When I open word, I get the popup (word cannot open the

Customer Question
When I open word...

When I open word, I get the popup (word cannot open the document template C:\useers\Wendell\...\~Wiz14s.dotm)

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

When I open MSWORD a box with (word cannot open the document template C:\Users\Wendell\...\~$Wiz14s.dotm)

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/29/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

What version of MS Office Word are you using?

Is it 2007? or 2010? 0r some other version?

Word 2013

the .dotm file you are trying to open, was probably created on a 2007 version of Word......try using compatibily for an older version.

Or try opeing the file on 2007 Word.

I have no trouble opening word after I close the box with the message. It comes up on my desktop when I open word, but not my laptop, which are both new and installed with same software. The box popping up is more of a nuisance than anything, Once I click ok or close the box word opens as it should.
Are we still in session?

Im confused then.......your original question says you cant open it

Sorry for the confusion. I was quoting the error message or information in the small box that pops up when I open word.
I am tired of this box popping up. It does not popup on my laptop that has same version of word installed.

In that case, you should be abel to turn OFF these alerts and messages within the Trust Center of Word 2013

.

The other version of word were not as secure as the NEWER versions, and it would seem its just a warning as to the TYPE of content.

.

I am looking for the instructions now.