NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

When I open word, I get the popup (word cannot open the

Customer Question

When I open word, I get the popup (word cannot open the document template C:\useers\Wendell\...\~Wiz14s.dotm)
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I open MSWORD a box with (word cannot open the document template C:\Users\Wendell\...\~$Wiz14s.dotm)
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

What version of MS Office Word are you using?

Is it 2007? or 2010? 0r some other version?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Word 2013

the .dotm file you are trying to open, was probably created on a 2007 version of Word......try using compatibily for an older version.

Or try opeing the file on 2007 Word.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no trouble opening word after I close the box with the message. It comes up on my desktop when I open word, but not my laptop, which are both new and installed with same software. The box popping up is more of a nuisance than anything, Once I click ok or close the box word opens as it should.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are we still in session?

Im confused then.......your original question says you cant open it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the confusion. I was quoting the error message or information in the small box that pops up when I open word.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am tired of this box popping up. It does not popup on my laptop that has same version of word installed.

In that case, you should be abel to turn OFF these alerts and messages within the Trust Center of Word 2013

.

The other version of word were not as secure as the NEWER versions, and it would seem its just a warning as to the TYPE of content.

.

I am looking for the instructions now.