How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NewITZone Your Own Question
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Category: Microsoft Office
Satisfied Customers: 90
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
Type Your Microsoft Office Question Here...
NewITZone is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there anyway to recover a document that I saved over? I

Customer Question

Is there anyway to recover a document that I saved over? I never saved the original draft. I am using Word 2011 on a macbook pro with el capitan
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was writing a thesis and I accidentally deleted 3/4 the document and without realizing this I saved the document (for the 1st time). Is there anyway to restore what I had?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Microsoft Office Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

In short, the answer is no - unless you haven't closed the document then you could undo the delete.

If you did close the document without saving then it's gone for good unfortunately.

Please reply using the box below.


Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Providing you kept it open, the shortcut to undo is Fn+F1 or simply F1 (depends on how your function keys are set)

Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.

Undo is generally Ctrl+ Z

Related Microsoft Office Questions