Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I can't get web queries to work on excel if a login in

Customer Question
I can't get web...

I can't get web queries to work on excel for mac if a login in required for the webpage

Technician's Assistant: I love the irony of this stuff being called a productivity tool, lol. I'll hook you up with the Microsoft Office Technician who will get you productive again. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I have .iqy files, but they don't import any data from a webpage that requires a login.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Microsoft Office Technician should know?

I'm fine with setting up a keypass or one-time login method so this will work going forward, like I do on Windows

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/28/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Tim, Sr. Engineer replied 2 years ago
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free

Can you tell me a little more about this problem?

I can run the default .iqy files on excel for mac 2016 but on a website that requires a login/password, I can't get any data imported into Excel.
I need the syntax of the POST parameters, and in particular, for one website
Can you guys solve this or not? I'm heard nothing from anyone that addresses the issue.
Microsoft Office Technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Ha, first it was $26 and now it's $45. What's the syntax for the POST parameters of a .iqy file? Here's the in HTML. I need to be able to log-in in order for the page to load and the .iqy file to return data.It should be something like
email=value?password=value
but I can't find any details about .iqy files for Excel for Mac, case sensitive, or not, whether the submit parameter needs to be included, etc.

Yes, there is an extra fee for the remote because it takes more of my time. I will opt out and allow another to take over because it appears that you do not wish to work with the remote session.

I've clearly written out the question that needs to be addressed. Does anyone know syntax of POST parameters for a website with a form tag as I showed in the screenshot?
I can't get the HTML tables to import into Excel because I can't get logged into the website via the .iqy file. Is there another way for Excel to pick up the login, like typing it into Safari once and having it saved somehow?