Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I need to update my outlook 2007 to outlook 2010 and keep my…

Customer Question
I need to update...

I need to update my outlook 2007 to outlook 2010 and keep my current emails

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Microsoft Office Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I have a new CRM for work and it can not work with Outlook 2007 so I need to update to 2010

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Microsoft Office Technician should be aware of?

I want to make sure the current emails migrate over when I update to 2010

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
2/20/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 2 years ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

It should keep your emails and migrate smoothly over to 2010 without any issues.

To make sure, go to control panel --> mail --> outlook data files --> open folder location --> in here copy the Outlook folder locally to another spot.

This way when you upgrade, you have a backup of your emails just in case the transition has issue.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.