Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

When attempting to use Word or Excel in Office 2008, I get…

Customer Question
When attempting to use Word...
When attempting to use Word or Excel in Office 2008, I get window saying "Setup Assistant" cannot be opened and suggesting re-install to remedy. Office was installed in my iMac when I bought it and I have no installation materials for it. I have searched for any Installation file and not found anything that is obviously what I need. HELP!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
2/17/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: caraleneK, Office Engineer replied 2 years ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Office Engineer

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Try going into the actual folders on your mac - see if there are any odd markings next to the office folders.It look like a permissions problem to me . Waiting your feedback