Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Isn't Jess working on this?
, I sent 2 sample excel…

Customer Question
Hello,Isn't Jess working on...

Hello,Isn't Jess working on this?

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Microsoft Office Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I sent 2 sample excel files. All I am trying to do is subtotal groupings and it provides an erratic sort. Not sure why.

Technician's Assistant: I love the irony of this stuff being called a productivity tool, lol. I'll hook you up with the Microsoft Office Technician who will get you productive again. Is there anything else the Microsoft Office Technician should be aware of?

I am not sure if my account is activated or not. If I use my old password ***** can get in even though the password ***** reset.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
the data on the previous file is inserted with a macro. In the file attached here there are 2 Raw Data tabs that combine into the Combo Data tab and then that info is pulled into the previous data form submitted. The Raw Data comes out of another program, Sage Estimating Software. It is exported as an Excel file. Please Note, I was told that the export actually exports it as a Excel Binary File. Not sure if that may be the problem
2/15/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

I see only one excel file here. Is this the file with which you are having the problem with the sort? Can you please provide exact steps that I can use to reproduce the problem>

I am away from my computer today. I will send the files tomorrow. Even though I did send both files. I think I have 2 accounts with user nameCustomerand the data I am sending is split between the 2. I called yesterday but have not spoken to anyone on this issue. Can you try to find the other data. The old account was sending data to an old AOL account I had***@******.***. And the new account was sending to***@******.***.

Ok. I will look for. Them tomorrow.