Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

An ASUS F-553MA laptop has a BIOS password that has been

Customer Question
An ASUS F-553MA laptop has...
An ASUS F-553MA laptop has a BIOS password ***** has been forgotten. The password ***** ***** before even the ASUS logo appears. I have discovered that pressing Alt + r at this prompt, a "system date" appears and it is asking for a "recovery password" and that is as far as I can get. Any ideas?
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/15/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Have you tried to enter random passwords? Please give it a try, enter a random password ***** times in a row then tell me what you got on screen.

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried many random passwords. At the end of 3 tries, the computer simply shows the "Invalid Password" and has to be rebooted . If I hit Alt+r the screen changes to:
"Enter Rescue Password
2014/07/26"
The date value increments every day.

Thank you for writing back and I ma very sorry about your issues. Unfortunately, I cannot assist you with this so please allow me to opt out so that my fellow experts can assist you further. You will be notified through email when someone joins you here.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess

Microsoft Office Technician: caraleneK, Office Engineer replied 1 year ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Office Engineer

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. If it ask for the date use this date 2009/01/01and this password ***** caps) : 1BLDABLA waiting for your feedback

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I have seen this information on the internet and that is not the date shown. It doesn't ask for the date. As stated in my original post, Alt + r causes a prompt, "Enter Recovery Password" and the date in question as distinct from "Enter Password". I assume the recovery password ***** ***** based on this date. The currently displayed date is 2014/07/26 and it changes every 24 hours. I believe this password ***** be generated by ASUS but I can't use their service as they require the original purchase receipt which I have lost.

Thanks for your feedback please if you can reset you password ***** on this site https://bios-pw.org/ waiting your feedback

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. There is no check sum generated. Please refer to my second post where I said that the last display prior to having to reboot is simply "Incorrect Password". Therefore, this process cannot work. By the way, I have researched all the "solutions" you have offered to date myself prior to contacting you.

Thanks so you also know you only have two options left to reset your machine one will be to do a Reset By C-MOS Battery or Reset By Software but I will opt out so that my fellow experts can assist you further..Take care ..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ba aware that there is no CMOS battery - flash RAM.
Microsoft Office Technician: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello there, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

I see you are having a heck of a time with this PC and the BIOS password.

What is your CPU type?

INtel uses the DMI, for the Sbridge integration, which encompasses the BIOS. And UMI is AMD's version.

So, depending on which CPU type you have, will determine which Integration you have, and we can get down to resetting the BIOS. YES?!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is an Intel Pentium.

Thank you for that, but there are LOTS of different Pentium processors.

.

Can you be more specific? And also the Speed (frequency, typically expressed in Gigahertz GHz)
For Example:

Pentium SandyBridge G6xx at 2.8GHz

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a Quad Core Pentium, N3530 @ 2.16 ~ 2.58 GHz and I believe it is one of Intel's Ivy Bridge processors.

Sorry, i will have to OPT-OUT, and open this back up to other experts.

Microsoft Office Technician: Tim, Sr. Engineer replied 1 year ago
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer

Did you set a bios password ***** did it just show up? If it just showed up is this laptop 3-5 years old?

The the above is true, this is probably a cmos battery, which I can help with, if not, I will opt out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The password ***** set - laptop is just over one year old. See above post, there is no CMOS battery.

Gotcha - but there IS a cmos battery, there has to be one, yours is probably soldiered on the motherboard. There is no such thing, of any computer, server or laptop with out a cmos battery.

What you would be looking for is a small round silver disk with blue rubber around it, to most people it looks like a capacitor. like this http://www.laptopparts101.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/cmos-battery-soldered-560x420.jpg or sometimes like this http://www.laptopparts101.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12c/removable-cmos-battery-560x420.jpg The other old school ones look like a watch battery, but I can a sure you there is a cmos battery.

I'll opt out, let me know if you believe there is indeed a cmos battery so I can try and help. Good luck.

NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast