Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Problem repeating a macro in WORD 2010

Customer Question
Problem repeating a macro in WORD 2010
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
2/15/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

If you need to copy a macro, the easiest way is to add the developer tab to your ribbon in word options, then go to the macro list, select the macro and select edit. This will bring up the macro window with the code in it. When it does, you can copy that code, then go to the macro window and select new... Or you can just paste it into the window and it will create the macro for you.

Well 3 hours after I went to bed an answer came in. Not much help. Anyway, is anyone available a 9 a.m.?
I can't copy it because it disappeared, despite allegedly being saved for all documents. I want to re-create it, but can't. It's very simple: Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V. I just want it to copy a symbol or a shape so that I can drag it and place it wherever I like.
Well, since I'm getting no response today, I assume no one's working on President's day except me.

You can simply recreate the macro by selecting the record macro button and performing those steps and then saving it. What happens when you try that?

I've tried a half dozen times to redo the macro, but it just doesn't work. Can't imagine what's wrong with such a simple macro.
I pick Record give it a name and select keyboard & apply, then close and do Ctrl-C then Ctrl-V then stop recording.
Oh, forgot to mention that I assign Alt-C as the keystrokes.
I just discovered a glitch. The clipboard was holding the number 2, for some reason, and would not accept anything else. Got rid of the number two, and miraculously the macro not only worked, but it saved a circle - the symbol that I wanted to work with - on the clipboard, so I didn't even have to Insert a Shape, then create the circle. It does both at once. However, if I use the clipboard for some other purpose, I'm wondering if that will destroy the circle from the macro. Will try that right now.
Hello- are you still there?
Well, you disappeared yesterday, so I gave up after trying several times to re-create that macro. Don't understand it, because it was working fine the day before. Obviously I did something different then- I just don't know what.
How in heck am I supposed to rate someone when our exchanges take hours? I give up.