Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have been having problems with publisher weeks now and no…

Customer Question
Hi I have been having problems...
Hi
I have been having problems with publisher for several weeks now and no one seems to be able to help me.
I use this program for brochure where I load 20-30 photos on a brochure template. It has been difficult to move the photos and write the verbiage - seems like there is a hesitation between the time I strike a key or move from line to line or cut and paste a photo. This makes it frustrating to complete a job. Please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
2/1/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. What version of MS Publisher are you using? What is the size of your PUB file?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

2016 is the version, the file is 100 mgb. I have been doing this for 25 years and I have never had a problem like this. I thought it was the mouse - so I changed to a new mouse - no improvement. It doesn't happen with any other program. Are my settings checked or unchecked correctly? I use a lot of photos for my work so it make it difficult to move them around and type sentences - it just hesitates.
I also thought the 48.00 was a one time payment for this help.

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about the issues. I believe the issue here is with the size of the file and the huge embedded images.

Is this 100MB file your usual size of your PUB files?

Do you have older publication files there that you can try to open? Is the problem behavior of Publisher also appearing there? Or is it only happening on this specific file?

Regarding the fee, yes I saw that you have subscribed to our service but you can easily turn OFF your subscription and I can help you with that.

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Jess

I have never had problems before with my large files. If I click on an image and move it to the right about an inch - it takes several seconds for it to show up.
I expected that I would be able to fix this issue for 48.00
I am sure not going to spend another 20

Have you tried to open and edit your old large files? The goal is to identify if the problem is present IN ALL files or in only this specific file.

Also, are you using Windows XP< Vista, 7, 8 or 10?

Please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

How is it going? Can you please confirm is this is happening in all your large files?

I will respond tomorrow. Sorry.

Ok Gary, please take your time. Till tomorrow then...