Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

How can I keep the icons on my desktop page the same?

Customer Question
Everytime an upgrade/backup is done...
How can I keep the icons on my desktop page the same? Everytime an upgrade/backup is done, the icons get scattered or alphabetized. I usually rearrange them by the categories I prefer. I just want them to stay where I put them!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/31/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 2 years ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

There is no built in setting to keep your icons in the same spot.

There is a 3rd party program called Fences that will do what your'e talking about. It's $10 found here; http://www.stardock.com/products/fences

Cody:
Sorry to know there is no "answer" to my problem. Also, I want it clear that I have not signed up for any type of continuing monthly service. I think $37 is way too high for this non-solution to my question. Will you please confirm for me that I am not now signed up for a monthly service from Just Answer.

I don't know about billing, you can email customer service here http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support?category_id=497