Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Can I change the font in Office 2007 or 2010 menu's to

Customer Question
improve accessibility? I am dyslexic...
Can I change the font in Office 2007 or 2010 menu's to improve accessibility? I am dyslexic and want to use the font Dyslexie.
I can change the font in Windows 7 but this does not change the applications.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/28/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried adjusting the screen resolution setting also?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Hi. Screen resolution is not the issue, neither is font size.I wish to change the font. I am unable to offer you access to computer.
I am dyslexic and wish to use the font dyslexie which was developed to improve accessibility
Microsoft Office Technician: caraleneK, Office Engineer replied 2 years ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Office Engineer

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Please have a look a this site it a bit of changes you need to do for best use.Waiting your feedback to help you more or a rating https://www.microsoft.com/enable/guides/dexterity.aspx

Hi CaraleneThe link is no help at all and does not seem to relate to my request?I have no issue with physical mobility. I simply wish to use a font called Dyslexie to assist with dyslexia in the Office menus. I have already changed Windows 7 icons and interface and IE11. Just need help with Office.

Thanks for the feedback .. Please see if this will help you http://www.adultdyslexiasupport.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/How-to-make-your-PC-more-dyslexia-friendly-1-changing-colour.pdf will send you more info know

Its cute you are trying to understand and find solutions for something I have lived with my entire life on Google. I also have an occupational therapist from work assisting and have completed testing from a specialist in this field.I am well aware of this option and use the hot key on my computer to switch to green monchrome with black background. Have done for 10 years.However this does not solve the fundamental font question which will help me massively. Canyou help or not?

So we will need to change the font in very thing in office for you lets start with word if you open your word doc on top you will see Home button in the windows you will see the font and size we can changes. Sorry I read up about it to help you better

have you look at this site for free font http://www.dyslexiefont.com/

I have this font. I have installed it for use in my Word and Excel documents, Windows 7 icons, menus, explorer and IE11 including overriding webpage fonts.The only thing I can't change are the menus in Office programs such as Word?

You will have the changes all font you self in the products like power point

1. PowerPoint 2010 and 2007 - In the Editing section, at the right side of the Home tab of the ribbon, click the Replace > Replace Fonts...
    PowerPoint 2003 - Choose Format > Replace Fonts... from the menu.
  2. In the Replace Font dialog box, under the heading Replace, select the font you wish to change from the drop down list of fonts in this presentation.
  3. Under the heading With, select the new font for the presentation.
  4. Click the Replace button. All the text in the entire presentation that used the original font is now replaced with your new choice.

Please let me know if this works for you

I'm not asking how to change the fonts in each document. This is easy.I need to change the fonts in the Office product menus. Eg the font where it says Home, Insert...
I have done this for all my dedktop icons, menus and webpages in IE...
Eg, when I go to Start in Windows 7 the menu is in Dyslexie.
How do I do this for Office?

Thanks for your feedback ... There is no option with in the Office application to change the fonts for ribbon.. Please see if this will work for you..https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Can-I-customize-the-Ribbon-7d4fbc37-5938-43ed-8dac-4e4fb05834f0?CorrelationId=8ae0564f-7419-4f24-a498-c73cf952d4e7&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

This does not help. IT thought it could somehow be changed in computer configuration settings from the command line?Otherwise going back to Office 2003 it changing to Apple may be the best option.
Has this bug in 2007 been fixed for 2010?
Its weird MS has this functionality in all software but Office.

I SORRY not sure if you like to look at it download a trail off office 2010 and test it but yes 2003 I know it working ...

Or do you want me to download it and test it for you??If this solution worked for you then please don't forget to rate my answer so I am paid for my time

I need a solution.So far I have been on here for 1hr with multiple experts and have only been told what I already knew on Google.How does the ribbon draw the font? Is our IT's thoughts possible in command line configuration settings?

I sorry we taking your time but I just want to help . No command line configuration settings break office 95% of the time

No. Font size is not a problem. There is nothing wrong with my eyesight.The problem is the font.

thanks for your feedback I looking for a possible fix for you please test this ..

Right-click on your Windows desktop; then click on the "Personalize" option. Along the bottom, you will see an icon for "Window Color". Click on it. It will offer an option for "Advanced appearance settings." Click on it. Under "Item", select "Menu", then change the font or font size. This will change the Ribbon text.

Waiting your feedback

Thank you. Will have to try on Monday when back at work.

Please, Rate if you are SATISFIED with my help, as this is the only way the site will give me credit for my time. If you still need help, ASK FOR MORE HELP by replying to me.

Have tried this before I asked for help here. It is how I changed the Windows 7 settings. However it does not change Office ribbons. I think it used to on XP etc.

Thnaks a lot for your feedback ..Have you look at the Use customize by right clicking on the existing ribbon. Check “use large icons” under options tab.

These options don't appear to come up. I get Customise the Ribbon... as an option when right clicking on the ribbon.

Thanks for you feedback to only option left will be for me to log on to your machine and see if I can help you.

You can't get access through a government firewall.I can connect on Skype so you can see the screen and talk me through it?

Please click on the office icon in your left corner go to options if the window open see if you can change the fort and size in the popular windows. Waiting your feedback

I have chat to microsoft about your problem and the only way to chnges this in office 2007 and 2010 is to

Right-click on your Windows desktop; then click on the "Personalize" option. Along the bottom, you will see an icon for "Window Color". Click on it. It will offer an option for "Advanced appearance settings." Click on it. Under "Item", select "Menu", then change the font or font size. This will change the Ribbon text. Yes, it will change the size for menus in all other programs, but I find this approach much more

try re-setting the Menu size in the Display options -- right mouse click on the desktop, choose personalize and then choose menus from the bottom option. (Done from the WINDOWS desktop -- not from Office itself).

None of this stuff works and seems to be different ways of getting to the same menu.Microsoft appear to have misinformed you as I have already changed this and it does not alter Office. Others online complain of the same thing. This used to work pre Windows 7.

Thanks a lot for your feedback I am so sorry I use a lot of time to see if I can help you but it looks like from windows 7 we have no fix ..i really sorry

If this solution worked for you then please don't forget to rate my answer so I am paid for my time

HELLO Hope you well please look in control panels > go to Ease of Access Center > go make the computer easier to see > Make things on the screen larger >Turn on Magnifier and see if it will help you.Take care

caraleneK
caraleneK
caraleneK, Office Engineer