Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

We are doing a store wide inventory using excel to collect…

Customer Question
Hello, We are doing a store...
We are doing a store wide inventory using excel to collect data from an advanced Intermec CN3 Barcode reader. When we can in a barcode number I would like excel to pull the quantity scanned and the product name from the data in the barcode. How can we program excel to do this with each scan?
Hannah ***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/24/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 2 years ago
Pete, Computer Expert

Hi Hannah,

If you have the data available then it can be pulled in using a VLOOKUP formula.

You can attach the spreadsheet here and I can set up the formula for you, or I can assist remotely.

Pete.

Hello, thank you for responding, I found another solution where all info is created from the bar code except for count, Then I formatted the count cell to never be less than one, which fixes my problem.You can close this work ticket.

Ok, glad to hear you got it sorted.

Have a great weekend!

Pete.