Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

How do I find a word document that I didn't know what I

Customer Question
named it? Can I...
How do I find a word document that I didn't know what I named it? Can I search by a specific word in the document?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/22/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .

Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

As long as you are certain you saved the document, I can help you find it. I just need to ask you some questions first.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, what version of Word are you using, 2007. 2010.2013.

And roughly how many days ago did you save the file or last access it. 1 day, 2, 7 days?

Thank you in advance for your response,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.