Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have a Dell desk top connected with an HP printer. The…

Customer Question
I have a Dell desk...
I have a Dell desk top connected with an HP printer. The printer is not letting me print when using Microsoft Office Word. And I have new ink and the black ink isn't printing on anything.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/22/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

First, try the following if you are using an inkjet printer.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If it resolved the black printing issue, we will try printing in Word.

When printing in Word, make sure that you are selecting the correct printer name on the print properties window. Let me know the result.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

I did all that you asked me to do and all is good thus far.
ok
Would like the problem with Word to be resolved.

When you try printing from Word, click File -> print and it will open a print window. Over there, the printer name will be listed. Can you check it and make sure that it is the correct printer you are using?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

How much longer will I have to wait?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

When will we continue this online chat?

Are you not able to get my responses?

If you want, I can access your computer remotely and help you resolve the issue while you watch.

Thank you.

S H E F I N