Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I need some help with a formula, dcounta...

Customer Question
i need some help with a formula, dcounta...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/16/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for you to elaborate on what specifically you need help with?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Thank you for the update. May I ask for you to elaborate a little bit on what you are trying to do? Please, give me a few examples.

there are 2 columns, name and skill name
i need a formulas that will look at that range of column d and e
and count how many times each name and skill occur.ie: local 191, down rigger = 7
local191, hand =?
i thought it was dcounta

Thank you for the update. I will have this ready for you in a few minutes.

The following command will show the results for "Local 191" and "Down Rigger":
=COUNTIFS(D:D,"Local 191",E:E,"Down Rigger")

The following command will show the results for "Local 191" and "Hand":
=COUNTIFS(D:D,"Local 191",E:E,"Hand")

I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.

I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.

I will be standing by,
Jason

Did that work for you?
- Jason

Thanks so much. A perfect solution !

Thank you. Please, do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page. The only way I am given any credit for my time is if you rate my help.

Thank you.

Jason Jones, Computer Technician