Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I am trying to add and Join a table to an existing query but

Customer Question
I don't know what to...
I am trying to add and Join a table to an existing query but I don't know what to "join" the query to the table to. I see a list of fields on the query and a I have a list of fields in the table.. the main thing Im trying to accomplish is I am making a report that combines fields from the query and I need to use fields from the table. I can't understand why this is so difficult to do. I need information from both places so i can create ONE main report but joining these two objects together has proven to be too arduous. Help !
Thanks
Marlon
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I included a screen shot of the query and table I am trying to join together. When I tried to join the two by a certain field like CPhaseID etc.. but then when I do that it and run it..I either get an error OR it creates all these duplicate records. Im totally lost here.,
12/30/2015
Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 1 year ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

well according to your image the table is not joined to the other table.

There are several things that have to happen here, you have to edit relationships, and ensure that the fields are the same type example number to number or text to text.

Do you wish to set up a remote session so I can work on your db with you? There is an additional fee for this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How much is the fee?

$60 additional for 1/2 hour remote support. I don't see it taking more than that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unfortunately I'm paying out of pocket for this and my work won't reimburse me so I need to do this in the most cost effective way

that is the most cost effective way I can offer. The only other option is to send me the Db, but from the looks of your table, it appears, that it is a big file, which is why i suggest remote.

I can try to talk you through some steps. But I have a feeling that it could be difficult for you to follow if you are not all that familiar with access. The best way to ensure this could work for you would be to show you live on your screen.

Let me know how you wish to proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What happens if we go over 30 minutes or if we get one part to work but another part stops working or breaks.. Are there additional fees?

It depends on what is required. Nothing that we do should effect anything else. And if it goes 5 or 10 minutes over there will be no additional charge for that time. But typically i charge between $60 - $90 per 1/2 hour depending on complexity of work involved.

For remote support its always at $60 which is the lowest end of that.

Keep in mind this is what I do for a living. You have your job, mine is IT, and I have over 20 years of experience with MS Office. That is what you get when you work from me. I also let you know upfront what the costs are and what you get.

You can feel perfectly free to decline and there is no loss accept for a few minutes of time. Tell me how big the file size is, if it is under a few MB then it may be possible for me just to do the join part and then you can create the query yourself.

So at least you have some options.

its getting late where I am, and I will have to go to sleep soon.

Would it be ok to put this off until tomarrow. And you can think about the options I gave for a while?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will have to check with my boss tomorrow and the. Proceed
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your time

ok, so check back with me tomarrow then

have a good night

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Good morningare you online ?

sure

i did not hear back from you.

Note it is getting late again, I will be in and out for a couple of more hours from this time.

NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast