Hi Karen, thank you for writing back with that information.
Since you originally setup the document as 18x24, all objects there originally fit that document size as well. Now, when you changed the size to 11x17, the document will SHRINK but unfortunately, the objects (text, images and other data on the pages) DOES NOT automatically re-size with the document.
In this case, you need to manually change and resize the objects in your publication to fit the new publication size.
There are several ways to do this but this is really tedious especially if you have already a lot of objects in your publication layout. Here are your options:
- SAVE A COPY of the original Pub file first before converting the size of the publication
- Using the COPY of the original document, change the publication size
- Zoom the publication to 60% to 70% so that you can see the objects that are possibly out of the page.
- Then manually resize them to fit the publication size
- Another option is to open a copy of the document alongside a blank 11x17 publication. The first copy is the bigger one, and the second is the smaller one (11x17 blank publication)
- Then copy and paste EACH object from the 18x24 pub file and manually resize it after copying. This is an effective way of ensuring that you have a guide as to how the finish product should look like.
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.