NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

On 30th September 2015 answered phone call from pcsafe

Customer Question

on 30th September 2015 answered phone call from pcsafe solutions who convinced me that the AVG security I have was not secure enough and should open my computer so their technician could install pcsafe. I did then was charged US$600=AUS$872.27 which was taken from my PayPal a/c. Assured of a lifelong security but no taskbar icon or access to pcsafe solutions to monitor this security. I have laid a complaint through PayPal but this terminates on 30th November and opening complaint progress continues to show waiting on response from seller. It is nearing the 30th so how to prompt a response from the seller, who has the money and done nothing much for it.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to say but you've been scammed by them. AVG would never call you in this manner. The Good Thing is that the Credit Card Companies / Banks and PayPal are aware of this scam, known as Tech Support Scam. The seller must respond, if they don't then it may be possible that their account is limited; if they still won't respond, you have the option to initiate a charge back from your Bank / Card Used. Regarding the issue you're having, i can connect with you remotely to check and fix it. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kamil, yes I am aware of the fact that this pcsafe solutions has taken the funds and run but if their account is still active with PayPal is the sum not redeemable? When I opened the pcsafesolutions I followed the instructions for a refund but no reply. This action would surely prompt the correct response, in my favour, from PayPal who have stated that they are awaiting a reply from ***** *****, the seller
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
connect remotely as they did but how can your remote connection return the US$600 to my PayPal account?

I can only advise, do not have any control over them, PayPal or any other financial information. What i meant by remote connection was to connect and fix the technical issue.

If i connect, i can put the AVG back with the icon in the task bar.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seems to be an interesting day for this invalid pensioner. Seeking help for the pcsafesolutions scam and paying you $67 thinking to boost the chance of recovery. Now the sum scammed away is $872.27+$67=$883.27, merry Christmas!

I am giving you my honest advise. We do not scam, neither do we impersonate to be a third party company. I intended to assist and walk you through the procedure to seek refund of the $872. You will still need to speak to your bank to initiate a charge back for the $872. Do you want me to request a refund of your $67 you paid to JustAnswer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kamil, PayPal have notified of a return of the funds to the correct owner if the seller does not respond to their enquiry for further information. So I do request a refund of the $67 paid to JustAnswer as your service offered will be hopefully provided by PayPal, in a direct manner. I have returned the AVG security so to wait a little longer to check progress on all else. Paul

Thanks. Refund will be requested.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your online honesty is appreciated, and if the refund is made will that be a direct transfer to my PayPal account? Paul

It should be - but since i am a tech, i cannot assist further with billing questions. You will need to e-mail***@******.*** for this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I too am a Tech. so shall leave this exercise as an observation now.

Please e-mail***@******.*** for billing questions. I have requested the refund from my end as promised.