Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Excel just deleted 2 of my SAVED spreadsheets. Both

Customer Question

Excel just deleted 2 of my SAVED spreadsheets. Both spreadsheets were in a workbook that did not get deleted. How do I get back?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your Excel issues. First, an Excel file is a workbook (default is Book1) and it contains few sheets (Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, etc) called worksheets.

Now the excel file is NOT deleted, but the 2 sheets are missing? Did you delete the sheet accidentally? Or are you referring to the contents of the sheets that became blank?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The content of the sheets became blank. I did not delete and they were saved sheets that I've worked on for months.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about the issues. If the content went missing, but your DID NOT delete them, then they could be hidden.

Can you please send a copy (do a SAVE AS to make a copy) of the problem Excel file so that I can check if the data can be revealed or recovered? You can use the paper clip icon in the reply box to attach the file, or upload it to http://filesXpress.com.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I opened to today to save a copy and send to you. All the blank pages are back after days of being 'missing'. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Donna,

Thank you for writing back with that information. I believe then that the issue is not about the contents being hidden in rows or columns. I believe it is a display issue when your operating system (Windows or Mac) is re-calibrating your video (or display) and some part of the screen are not being rendered so they appear missing.

It is a good thing that you did not panic. Because if you did, you could have actually deleted those data thinking that they were actually not there.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess