caraleneK
caraleneK, Office Engineer
Experience:  Office assisters to you
75835320

Office 2010 Publisher suddenly 'stopped working' upon

Customer Question

Office 2010 Publisher suddenly 'stopped working' upon opening certain files. It only happens to the ones named 'bulletin'. Others of quite similar form and content open fine. Upon moving to another computer, linked in the network by a shared file, I found Publisher doing the same thing after the first instance. Dates of files affected go 'way back over a year.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. When you open a publication (*.pub) in Publisher do you get a error messes ?

Recovery for Publisher has the ability to repair damaged or corrupted Publisher publications by extracting various type of information from the selected files.

bstdownload.com/.../recovery-publisher-1

Waiting your feedback

Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Or if you like I can log on to your machine and help you??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Thank you for your response. So far it is not apparent that you have an answer, but I've received notice that I've been charged so I'm hopeful. To reiterate, my 2010 MS Publisher crashes when opening a document of a distinctive style. This is a nonprofit office where we publish a weekly 'bulletin' along with lots of other stuff. If we open a saved 'bulletin' the software crashes with the note Publisher has stopped working Other docs all open without event. We have a) removed antivirus and reinstalled, b) removed Office 2010 and reinstalled c) erased the data tracking file in registry d) changed the default printer. No change in effect at all. It happens on a networked computer using the shared storage file as well, with a different installation of Office that is the same version, same license (one of ten). So it seems not to be 'in' the pc or the software as such, but in this kind of file. But we're talking about 120 instances of this 'kind of' file.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I have to pay for the Recovery for Publisher to get the rest of the URL?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I downloaded Recovery for Publisher but it delivered a MS Word document with completely disordered formatting. That's not what the advertising promised, and it doesn't actually help me. What we want is to be able to recover our working documents for update editing and publishing/archiving. This won't do that. Any other options you can think of?
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the feedback ..Please just use the File > Open dialog (Ctrl+O) and select a Word document instead of a Publisher document and see if you can open it .

Please, Rate if you are SATISFIED with my help, as this is the only way the site will give me credit for my time. If you still need help, ASK FOR MORE HELP by replying to me.