Hello! My name is*****
I am quite good when it comes to editing a Word document. I downloaded your attachment and the problem with page numbering can be solved by inserting page breaks and breaking the link between pages. By default, all pages are linked so that page numbering can continue from one page to another. Once you break the link, you can delete page numbering from the desired pages, such as the title page. You can then restart page numbering or change page numbering format (Roman or Arabic).
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
1. If you have already attempted to insert page numbers and/or page breaks, but it didn't work, I suggest deleting them all, so that you can start over
2. Insert standard page numbering. Click the Insert tab, and click the Page Number and choose the desired position, for example to the bottom of the page - centered. You should then see page numbers on all pages (Arabic numerals), starting from the title page
3. Since Word comes with an option that can remove any page number, footer and header information from the title page, you can enable it. Double-click inside the footer or header area and then click on the Design tab (if not already selected) and check the Different First Page check-box. After that, click the Close Header and Footer button, or just double-click somewhere within the document
4. Now look for the pages you don't want to have standard Arabic page numerals, for example page 2 (Contents). You need to divide the page 2 and the page 3 with page breaks, so click at the end of the page 2 and then click the Page Layout tab and click Break > Next Page
5. You can now break link between those two pages by clicking inside the footer area of the page 3 and then clicking on the Design tab (if not already selected) and un-checking the Link to Previous check-box. After that, click inside the footer area of the page 2 and just delete the page numbering there (number "2"). Close the footer area.
6. You should now have the title page and the Contents page without any page numbering, but the page numbering should be present on other pages. You can now insert the Roman numerals for the Preface section (pages 3, 4 and 5). To do that, click somewhere on the page 3 and then click the Insert tab and then Page Number > Bottom of Page - center (or anywhere else). You should now see Arabic numbers starting from the number "1"
7. To make them Roman numerals, double-click inside the footer area and select the number "1", and right-click it and select Format Page Numbers... For "Number Format", select Roman format and click OK. You should now have Roman numerals starting from page 3.
8. Now look for the last page that you want to have Roman numeral. That is the page 5 (the page before the Introduction). Click at the end of the page 5 and then click the Page Layout tab and click Break > Next Page
9. You have now divided page 5 and page 6 into two sections, so you can break the link between them as well. Click inside the footer area of the page 6 and then click on the on the Design tab (if not already selected) and un-check the Link to Previous check-box. While the footer editor is still open, select the Roman numeral "I" inside the footer of the page 6 and then right-click it and select Format Page Numbers... For "Number Format", select Arabic format and click OK. You should now have Arabic page numerals starting from the page 6 (Introduction) applied throughout the document.
You can follow the same method to separate other pages in order to have different page numbers or footer and header information.
I will also attach the edited Word document - something that you should have after following these instructions. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.