IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Microsoft Outlook 2013 is installed on my PC. It's stuck in

Customer Question

Microsoft Outlook 2013 is installed on my PC. It's stuck in 'work offline' mode right now even though I am online. I can send/receive manually, but emails are being fragmented since HTML is disabled.
I can NOT disable 'work offline' in send / receive tool bar, it wont work.
Any suggestions?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Still need help

After you click the "Accept this offer" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. But no thanks. I'll dig for the answer myself online. I'm just rally busy, figured someone else may have had this problem.

Yes, millions of people have the same problem. The problem is that the culprit is not the same in every case, which is why I offered the remote session to you.

I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Click Send/Receive > Work Offline to turn to reconnect have a look at the icon Notice that when you’re working offline, the button looks blue:But the button has a white background when you’re connected and working online. Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

???

I dont follow.

I can hit send/receive no problem. It works.

But the 'Work Offline' button in the main menu toolbar shows that I am 'working offline', when I am not.

I click the button to turn it off like I should be able to do - but it's not letting me.

You can see it here.

I searched through Microsoft dbase for answers and a lot of people have this issue, but typical are on Exchange. I am not.

Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the feedback..Please see the next option on this page and see if it work https://kb.wisc.edu/office365/page.php?id=32526waiting your feedback

Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Please, Rate if you are SATISFIED with my help, as this is the only way the site will give me credit for my time. If you still need help, ASK FOR MORE HELP by replying to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yah. I tried all of that long before I came on here. This is something more sinister... wish it was as easy as a simple setting.

It started when FIOS came here to switch out my router for a new one (faster service). When I signed into Outlook, I didn't realize the internet was down and it asked me to log in. I created a second account by accident thinking I was just logging into Google Sync... that didn't do anything but create a second account (which I deleted).

Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

so is it fix now or do you need more help ? Waiting your feedback Please, Rate if you are SATISFIED with my help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's not fixed.

Normally I would just give the person five stars and be done with it - but I've never had computer issues before and trust me, I troubleshot this til' I was blue in the face. Even installed Office 2016... sme issue.

Maybe you can opt out of the question because TBH, the stuff you sent me is Computer 101 for me. I'm looking for a more sinister explanation like the registry is corrupt, you have the wrong port listed, etc... and TBH (again), I'm in the middle of a product launch and it's taking me forever to reply to you - normally I reply in a minute or so. Sorry about that.

Wanna opt out and cancel the question? Or let me? I dont have hopes this one time with this one particular question.

:)

Thank you though for trying...

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****

Since you say you can receive e-mails just fine, then you are not really in the "Work Offline" mode, even though its button might tell you otherwise. I am not sure what the cause of the problem is, but if the problem is still there, here are several suggestions:

Repair the Microsoft Office (Outlook) installation

To do that, first exit Outlook and any other Office product. Go the Control Panel in Windows and click on Uninstall a program (Program and Features). When you see a list of all installed programs, locate Microsoft Office, right-click it and select Change. When a new window opens, click on Repair and continue. It will take some time until the installation has been repaired. When done, restart the computer. After the restart, check the results.

Load a new Outlook profile

In case the repair didn't work, the cause of the problem could be in a corrupted Outlook profile. For that reason, you can load a new one. To do that, press the Windows logo key and R key at the same time to show the Run... box. There type:

outlook /profiles

(there is a space between "k" and "/")

and press Enter

You should see the "Choose Profile" window. Click the New... button and give your new profile a name (any name), and click OK. You will then be asked to set up your e-mail account again, so do that. When done, click OK to start Outlook using the newly created profile.

Wait some time until your e-mails have been downloaded. Check how Outlook is working. If everything is fine, you can continue to use that new profile. To make it default, run the outlook /profiles command again and click the Options >> button and check the Set as default profile check-box, and click OK.

Let me know if this helped.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. If you do, let me know.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my answer.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Were you able to read my messages sent to you?