Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I was on facebook on my phone. dont know how it happened but

Customer Question

i was on facebook on my phone. dont know how it happened but my settings went to spanish instead of english. how do i get my settings back to english?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your Facebook issues. The procedures to set your language back to English vary depending on how you access your Facebook on your phone.

There are 2 ways to access your Facebook on your phone. First is by using a mobile browser like Chrome, Safari or Opera or the default phone browser. This browser is the same program that is used to access other sites other than Facebook. That is the browser-based access of Facebook.

The second way of accessing Facebook in your phone is through the Facebook app. That is the icon with the F or Facebook logo in your phone. Using that app, you can access only your Facebook account, you cannot access other websites there. This is the Facebook-app based access of Facebook.

How do you access your Facebook in your phone then?

If you are using a web browser like Chrome or Safari, please do these steps:

1. Access or login to your Facebook account
  2. Scroll to the very top of the Facebook page
  3. At the top blue bar where you normally see the notification for chat messages and the globe icon for your notifications, please locate the settings button that looks like 3 horizontal lines. It is located at the far right of the top blue bar of the Facebook page.
  4. Tap that settings or 3-horizontal line button, then in the pull-down menu that appears, scroll to the very bottom of the list.
  5. There you will see the current language used in your account right at the bottom of the LOGOUT icon. Supported Facebook languages are shown there at the very bottom, just tap English (US) there to set your language back to English.

Now, if you are NOT using a web browser but using the Facebook app (the one that opens when you tap the Facebook icon), please let me know so that I can give you another set of procedures.

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further. A rating is only required when we are finished.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Jess