Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Microsoft Certified MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
23511658

I have MS Word 2011 Version 14.3.2. My file has a

Customer Question

I have MS Word 2011 for Mac Version 14.3.2. My file has a automatically created TOC. I need to format the TOC, but cannot view the DATA - just the "link." Is there a "paragraph" like button for "links" via which to hide/show data?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

There are several related views that you to. What type of data are you trying to view exactly? Normally the table of contents will contain the heading that you want to be readable and then when clicking on that heading it will go to a link which is a hidden part of that entry. So if you could tell me exactly what type of data you are trying to show, I'll be able to help you more specifically. The link is really the only underlying data in the table of contents.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If anyone ever asks you this again [see attached files] tell people to right click and choose "toggle to field codes." File 1 is what I could see originally; file 2 is what I need.

OK... you had mentioned wanting to show the "data". Field codes I'm very familiar with. CTRL+F9 will bring them up as well. When you were referring to the link - I thought you meant the link to the table of contents - not field codes. I apologize.

I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service at your convenience.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not thrilled with the $20 charge for this.

I apologize... I didn't set the rate, nor do I have access to your account or billing info. I just ask that you rate my service so I receive credit for helping on my personal time.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was told that a minimum charge was $5.

As I said, I do not have access to your account information or billing info. Please rate my level of service at your convenience. For billing questions, please contact JustAnswer by clicking contact us at the bottom of the page.