Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

Never had my desk top locked. now blue screen with my name,

Customer Question

never had my desk top locked. now blue screen with my name, email and asking for password. when it does not email password ***** says to contact microsoft. did that, got a password ***** able to log onto miscrosoft, but computer still locked. Been on the phone for hours, major run arounds.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean on a working computer or working device, you were able to reset your Microsoft account (with the email address showing on the problematic computer) password ***** the website https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx , and you you able to sign in with that email address with your Microsoft account password ***** the website http://account.live.com/ , but it still does not work on the problematic computer?

Have you tried connecting an extra Ethernet/network cable from the problematic computer to the internet modem/router device to see if you can sign in?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Have you tried the following method for resetting the problematic windows 8 computer:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset your PC, and continue.
    (When prompted, select the option "Just remove files.")

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why on earth would you have me remove my files???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?

I'm sorry, because the troubleshooting did not work. But can you please confirm the followings:

1. Do you mean on a working computer or working device, you were able to reset your Microsoft account (with the email address showing on the problematic computer) password ***** the website https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx , and you you able to sign in with that email address with your Microsoft account password ***** the website http://account.live.com/ , but it still does not work on the problematic computer?

2. Have you tried connecting an extra Ethernet/network cable from the problematic computer to the internet modem/router device to see if you can sign in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not do the trouble shoot. I dont want to loose my files.
Yes I can sign into to microsoft account on another computor

Yes, I'm still here. Did you see my last reply?

3. Also, do you have backup of your data/files, i.e., to an external USB hard drive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no back up
do not understand about going from cable to problem computor it is on wifi

Yes, but Wi-Fi could be disconnected or having issue. Do you have an Ethernet/network cable? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is what happened.
I do not lock my desk top.and did not even know I had a microsoft account
For some reason this blue log in screen came up. obviousl;y I went to live.account.com to retrive the password ***** it gave me a temp one. the proble computor did not accept it. so tried to make another microsoft account with same email.
said that email was already with another account. soi it asked itto delte it. I did then made another microsoft account.
so the old computor still has the old password ***** guess. need to know how to by pass password ***** get microsoft to email me the old password ***** reset code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looking for a cable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is already a cable from wifi box to computor

OK. Did it ask you to set up a microsoft account previously that may have caused this issue?

Microsoft would never give you a temporary password; Microsoft would only give you a code to reset to a new password ***** want.

If you have a working computer, I can connect remotely to that computer, so I can fix your microsoft account password ***** then it will work on the problematic computer. Are you using a working windows or mac computer or another device?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the wifi is fine. that is how I am talking to you. on another desk top in same room
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they did not give a temp password ***** was a code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a windows
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one more time. the microsoft account works. able to sign in on this computor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do not remember ever setting up a microsoft account before.

Do you mean the same Microsoft account email address is working on this computer with your Microsoft account password?

Does this computer have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already fixed the password ***** .... able to log on to microsoft. problem computor is 8.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but same password ***** ***** accepted by problem desk top

I'm sorry. That is very strange. So you turn off both computers, then turn back on both computers, then both show the same email address at the password ***** login screen, but only only computer works.

Does any old password *****?

Can you sign out that email address at the website http://account.live.com/ if it's signed in

, then sign in that email address at the website below, and change the password, then check:

https://account.live.com/password/Change

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh my gosh . yes . of course no old passwords work.... that is why I am talking to you.
Yes went to the account.live.com and changed. and re changed. still does not work on problem computor.The problem is.... the problem computor is waiting for a password ***** an account that was deleted
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because microsoft said there was two accounts with the same email so it deleted one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
very simple. please tell me how to bypass the log in screen on problem desk top and just start it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
without deleting my computor

I'm sorry, where does Microsoft say there are 2 accounts with the same email address? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not any more , because they had me delete one. on line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one more time....... when I went to reset the password, typed in email, reset it once, did not work on problem computer, rest it again, still did not work, so applied for a new account, then thye said there was 2 accounts with the same email, " would you like to delete one" tyoed in yes

Can you please check the spellings of the email addresses on both computers at the login/password ***** please? I like to make sure that it's the exact email address; there could be one more letter or a number or a one different letter, etc. There could be an @hotmail.com email address or @outlook.com email address, etc. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did that
both are identical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you understand that the problem computer has been turned off and restarted multiple times so it is not on the internet?
soooooooo it has no way of knowing the password ***** reset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because it is not started yet

I'm sorry, it is really strange, I'm out of ideas, but let me open the issue to other experts. Please do not wait; you will get an email when there is a response from another expert. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you.
how long? been waiting way to long.
I'm sorry, depending on the difficulty of the issue; maybe by tonight or tomorrow. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please delete my account. Your services were mis represented. They said they could fix within 30- 60 minutes.
I'm really sorry, most issues can be fixed quickly, but for some difficult issues, they can take longer. We guarantee our service if you'd like to wait. Thank you.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to assist you.

If you would prefer, you and I can speak over the phone. What I can say is that this is complex issue, which has a very specific and simple fix. ( or several very specific fixes)

If you would like to solve this issue, please send a reply and let me know when you are ready to work on the issue.

Thank you,

Dustin S.