NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have a computer, Pavilion 23 which, I am told, was hacked

Customer Question

I have a computer, Pavilion 23 which, I am told, was hacked into and needed extensive repair. I received phone calls and employed help from 3 different sources, all originating in India, each claiming to be a source associated with Microsoft Windows. End result I called customer relations and somehow contracted another group called My Tech Squad to wok on my computer. Latr another group claiming to work for FTA ( I assume Fed Trade Comm) who claims all the previous groups were fraudulant and says they can refund all my moneyspent, they used Supremo as their entrance to the interrnet. I would like to hear from a bonified Microsoft employee who can inspect and fix anything wrong with my computer because in all this mess over the last two weeks it still doesn't work and I need professional help from the source.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Sad to say, but you've been a victim of tech support scam.
First of all, no body will ever know what inside your computer until you tell them.
Secondly, Microsoft / HP / or any other big brand will never call you; and tell you that you've a virus or something's wrong with your computer.
These tech support scammers pick names from Yellow Books / Phone Directories and run mass calling campaigns to hunt for their victims.
I can take a look at your computer and fix the issues; but i am not from Microsoft.
The only way to get your money back from the scam companies is to call your bank, identify the charges with them and inform them that you've been scammed and you would like to initiate a charge back.
Knowing this now; would you like me to check the issues on your system?
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just want to know that a Microsoft qualified Tech referred by microsoft is working on my computer because I do not want to expose myself to any additional cost than necessary. I dont want a long term contract either and 58 per Mo sounds a little high. Is there an alternative. I am not afraid of paying for help, but want to pay more than I can afford.
If you have not subscribed, then you will not be charged monthly.
Shall i send you the remote support request so we can connect and check the issues?
Unfortunately, i cannot take phone calls but i can remote in to check and fix the issues. Would you like me to do that or would you like me to opt out to allow another expert do this who may be able to take phone calls?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not a woman but is it ok to just have an available technician get into my computer and see if it can be fixed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am more interested in getting my computer back working normally than in talking on the phone so in the interest of time, mostly mine, I prefer getting started on correcting my computer the prime importance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I have been trying to communicate in the wrong place. In the interest of time can I cancel the phone call and just have an available tech see if my computer can be fixed. I would really like to use it again with confidence..............
Yes, that will be fine.
Please click the link below and run open the downloaded program:
https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=116783
Thanks