Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I'm trying to view a previous version of a word document on

Customer Question
my mac. I swear I've...
I'm trying to view a previous version of a word document on my mac. I swear I've seen an option to view an earlier version before but now I don't see anything.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/29/2015
Microsoft Office Technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
If you have Time Machine setup, you can access an older version of the file by following the instructions that I typed below:
- Click the spotlight icon on the top right of the taskbar (It looks like a magnifying glass).
- Type: Time Machine
- Double click the Time Machine item.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the document.
- Choose the date you wish to access on the right side of the page.
- Click to select the file.
- Click the Copy or Restore file and save it.
That should get you working.
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Jason Jones, Computer Technician