NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I purchased a Kindle HD Fire from Disk Smith in February, 2014,

Customer Question

I purchased a Kindle HD Fire from Disk Smith in February, 2014, so I understand that it is out of it's warranty period.
How-ever, it has started to power off completely when I am reading a book. This happens after a short period of , say, a half hour after starting.
it doesn't seem to matter how much battery life is remaining, it just turns itself off, which is very frustrating.
I'm a firm fan of your kindle, having also purchased your Kindle Wifi paperwhite nextgen for reading outdoors.
Could you please let me know if I can repair my Kindle Fire.
Thank you
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished. This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please. Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and see if you have the problem. Let me know the results please Thank you