R. Michael
R. Michael, MIS Analyst
Experience:  Masters of Info. Systems; 10+ years using Microsoft Office.
71693728

I've had an account 8 years. Last month I got a new

Customer Question

I've had an account for about 8 years. Last month I got a new phone and loaded the app for FB. When I opened it, I was asked to start a new account. I tried using my existing account and password ***** it gave me a new page. Just got a tablet and the same thing happened, it took me to the new account page. I can still get into my original account on my desktop. How do I cancel the new account, and get the original account on my phone and tablet?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  R. Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I maybe able to help. What kind of phone do you have?
Also list where you downloaded app(if other than iPhone App Store)?
Would need Tablet type as well what Operating system, Amazon, Andriod, IOS...?
One definite answer is to contact FB to delete/remove or disable account(the new one). In mean time go to privacy settings for new account and make them as secure as possible. Not to alarm but just setting up an account gives the host valuable information. If IPhone and IPod through app store no worries about that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My problem concerns a FB page that I want to delete. I got a new phone about 6 weeks ago, a Samsung 4G. I don't remember if I went to the FB app on Playstore, or through the web site, to access my page. But I could not get into it. I was asked to sign up a new account. I tried using my existing login/password, but it gave me a new account. Now when I try to go through my phone I get that page. 2 weeks ago i got a new tablet, Acer, and the same thing happened. I can get on my original FB page through my desktop, but each time I try through the phone or tablet I get the new page.I want to delete the new page, and access the original through my phone and tablet. Or at least delete the new page. Thanks