Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Office 2013 won't operate normally after installing.

Customer Question
Office 2013 won't operate normally...

Office 2013 won't operate normally after installing. "Compile error in hidden module" error, followed by some other error indicating that "macro cannot be found". Multiple efforts to uninstall and reinstall have made no difference, so don't suggest that. If this won't be an easy fix, just let me know and I'll request a refund of my purchase price. Only Microsoft haters need reply -- that way I know we'll get along

Attachment: 2015-07-01_043658_compile_error.docx

Attachment: 2015-07-01_044120_macro_error.docx

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
7/1/2015
Microsoft Office Technician: jinsmn, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
jinsmn
jinsmn, Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Please try the following : Make sure every office programs are closed and not running. Then press Windows logo key and R key together. You will get open the Run command box. Type %appdata% in the run command box and press Enter. You will get open the Roaming folder. Find the folder named "Microsoft" and rename it to "Microsoft-OLD"

Now press Backspace to go back to one level. Find and open the folder named Local Find the folder named "Microsoft" and rename it to "Microsoft-OLD"

Now open word and check the result.

Regards
Jins

It won't let me change the file name. I get an error message. "Error 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect"

Okay, Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for the remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins