Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

How do I process a sale made to a customer by credit card number…

Customer Question
How do I process a...
How do I process a sale made to a customer by credit card number over the phone.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
6/30/2015
Microsoft Office Technician: Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager replied 3 years ago
Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you by providing some additional information. In order to process a credit card phone sale, you must already have a credit card machine that you use to process credit card payments. If you have a credit card machine or credit card processing service, you will need to acquire the following information:Card numberExpiration DateCCV Code (last 3 digits on the back of the card)Billing address If you do not currently have a credit card machine or credit card processing service, your best option is to get the customer's email address and then you can send them an invoice using PayPal. This will allow the buyer to pay via credit card and the funds will go to your PayPal account. This is also safer for the customer because it does not require them to give you any of their credit card information over the phone.
Hello. I just wanted to follow-up with you. Please take a moment to rate my customer service, or if you still have questions please let me know.