Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have a OneNote file saved on a Company Network that only…

Customer Question
I have a OneNote file...
I have a OneNote file saved on a Company Network that only myself and one other person have access to. The other user can access the OneNote document, but it only show's a few "Notebooks" when in fact there are over 5 "Notebooks" in this document. What can I do to correct this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
6/27/2015
Microsoft Office Technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 3 years ago
Pete, Computer Expert
Hi there, You will need to ensure that the missing notebooks are set to be shared:Tap the check box next to the folder that contains the notebook you want to share.Near the right side of the screen, tap Share.In the form that appears, tap Get a link.If you only want to let your recipients view your notes, tap the Create link under the View Only heading. If you want recipients to view and change your notes, tap the Create link under the View and Edit heading.When the link appears highlighted, copy it, and then paste it into an email message to let others know where they can access your notes.
Hello,I am operating in OneNote 2010 and the other notebooks are saved on the shared drive.Is there another area that I should be checking? I am not seeing the the options described above.Thank youDan
In 2010 it is slightly different - try the following and let me know if it works:
https://support.office.com/en-au/article/Share-notebooks-in-OneNote-2010-b40c89c5-abf5-4976-8616-0168cac104ed
Thanks. This is how I originally set up the Notebooks, and I just double checked they are all sharing on the smart shared drive. Thoughts on next potential fix?Thank you
When was it set up?
Did it ever work for you?
Originally it was set up 3 weeks ago. It didn't work at that time. I noticed on that notebook, some were not sharing AND I couldn't change the status....I ended up starting over.When I supply my Co-worker each individual link, she can see some of the notebooks. For example link to notebook "A" is sent, she can see notebooksome A, B, and D. If I send her the link to Notebook C she will be able to see A, C, and E. There is no consistency tof what notebooks she can see.
Is it always the same notebooks?If so, can you try removing and adding them again?
You want me stop sharing the notebooks then share them again?
You could try that, or try moving one of the affected notebooks to a different location, then move it back again.