Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Tom. unable to quit out of synchservices to install office…

Customer Question
hi Tom. unable to quit...
hi Tom. unable to quit out of synchservices to install office 2011 again 10.10.2
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
6/4/2015
Microsoft Office Technician: Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the error or message?

What happens when you try to quit synchservices?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you

SyncServicesAgent must be closed before the software can be installed.

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

not comfortable to give you direct access as I do not know you. please give me the steps to solve the problem

I'm sorry. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the computer's screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Remote support is quicker and easier for you, but since you do not want it, I can certainly provide written steps you can use for fixing this issue. Have you tried this:

- Open Finder, then open Applications, then open Utilities, then open Activity monitor (process monitor)
, then quit the process SyncServicesAgent.app

, and/or quit the process Database Daemon or Microsoft Database Daemon.app

, and/or in Activity Monitor, quit any other process that it says when installing Office.
, then see if you can install Office.

Please let me know; I have another solution if it does not work.

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

I trod all those things

I'm sorry; I did not know you've tried those things already as you did not mention Activity Monitor. Have you also try the followings:

- Make sure to end process Auto updater and/or other Microsoft / related processes in Activity Monitor:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2482074

- If your Outlook application is still working, then open Outlook application, if it's working, then go to Tools tab, click Sync Services, then quit Outlook. Then in the left pane, uncheck the check boxes for all items. And/or in Outlook application, click on the Outlook menu at the top, then click on Preferences, then Sync Services under Other. Then uncheck all boxes, then quit Outlook.

- If that does not work, open Finder

, then open the folder Microsoft 2011 (and/or if needed, check other Microsoft folder also)

, then rename the file SyncServicesAgent.app there to something else, such as SyncServicesAgent.app.old

, then open Activity Monitor, and quit the process SyncServicesAgent there; this should permanently prevent his service from running again

, then install Office.

; only if needed, rename the file SyncServicesAgent back to the original name.

- If that still does not work, start your Mac computer in Safe Mode with the following steps: Hold the Shift key down as you restart your Mac computer. It will take a long time to boot, but it will stop automatic processes from loading. Then install Office, and check.

- If all fails, open Finder, then open folder Applications, then open folder Utilities, then open Terminal application

, then type or copy the following (in one line):

launchctl unload Library/LaunchAgents/com.microsoft.LaunchAgent.SyncServicesAgent.plist

, then press Return key.

, then install Office.

, then in Terminal application, type or copy the following (in one line):

launchctl load Library/LaunchAgents/com.microsoft.LaunchAgent.SyncServicesAgent.plist

, then press Return key.

Please let me know. Thank you.

I think I should let you take over my computer remotely and do the steps that touchable suggested. I will be back in the U.S. Friday afternoon.

OK, though one of the methods require you to do it, so you might want to try that first. OK, please let me know on Friday.