Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I was just wondering if there is a way to export a list

Customer Question
Hi. I was just...
Hi. I was just wondering if there is a way to export a list of the zipcodes contained within territories that I have created based on an excel import that was done based on County in Mappoint 2013?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
6/2/2015
Microsoft Office Technician: Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist replied 3 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Yes, as long as the data is an Excel, you can export it into several different types of files including, separated and tab delimited. You'll also be able to select which columns you export. It's actually a fairly simple process. If you just want to save it as a text file initially, you can just do a save as and then select CSV for the file type. Or, if you just want to get certain data exported you can do that as well. Just let me know what your requirements are. And what the spreadsheet currently contains.
Thanks for your reply. I am creating territories by importing a list of Counties. What I want to do is export those territories, but instead of it exporting the County, I want it to export the zipcodes within the counties. OR just add zipcode as a column in the exported spreadsheet. I am familiar with how to export the zipcodes that are included in my territories, but I can only do that when either I created the territories manually (no import), OR imported the territories originally based on zipcode. When I try to export a zipcode list from territories that were created by importing territories by County, it just exports the same list that I imported. Does that make sense?
Sort of, at least I think I understand what you're saying. Do you have a sample that you could upload for me either here or to a site like wikisend.com and provide the link? That way I can take a look at it directly.