Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I sent a Publisher file from my Windows 8.1 Publisher 2013…

Customer Question
I sent a Publisher file...
I sent a Publisher file from my Windows 8.1 Publisher 2013 program to my desktop that's running Windows 7 Premium. Most of the articles in the Publisher file on the desktop are cut off. Both systems are running Publisher 2013. What can I do to the desktop?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
5/24/2015
Microsoft Office Technician: dresteve2000, Computer Engineer replied 3 years ago
dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Engineer
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!Could you give me a bit of detail on how you sent the file from the Win 8 computer to the Win 7?
I sent the file from a Yahoo email account on Google Chrome to another Yahoo account. I also posted it to Dropbox. Both had the same result.
Thanks for that information. Could you try sending a file from the Windows 7 Publisher to the Windows 8 machine to see if the problem still happens?
I did. The file I initially sent from a Windows 8 to a Windows 7 computer cut off several lines on each page of the Newsletter. I sent it from the Windows 7 system back to the Windows 8 computer and the file was fine. The lines were not cut off. By the way, in the Windows 7 version, the lines were still in the document, but were hidden by the margins. I could expand the box past the page length and the text was still there. The font style and size was the same for both, as well as the page set up.
I see. Have you performed Microsoft Updates for both versions of publisher on each computer?
I'm thinking either your versions have different updates installed which may have affected the default view layout.
I checked for updates on the Windows 7 desktop and installed all Windows updates identified for this system. I re-booted twice and the problem still exists.
I understand. Would you be interested in additional services for a remote connection to the Windows 7 computer so I can try to get the display working for you correctly?
You could definitely request a refund if I cannot resolve the issue for you.
What does "additional services" mean?
I can extend an offer for additional fee so that we can connect, typically it's $30, but I can offer it to you for $20 today,
Thank you for the offer, but I am not interested in allowing someone I don't know access my system remotely. With all the problems we have today, it has made me very cautious about these things. I will either determine a "work around" or upgrade my desktop to Windows 8. Thank you for your efforts.
No problem...I understand. Please do let me know if you have any additional questions...otherwise a positive rating would greatly be appreciated. Thank you for using Just Answer and have a great day!