How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Dan Your Own Question
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Computer Software Engineer
Category: Microsoft Office
Satisfied Customers: 1081
Experience:  B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, 20+ years technical experience
Type Your Microsoft Office Question Here...
Dr. Dan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I saved over a word doc by mistake - 2010. can I recover

Customer Question

Hi, I saved over a word doc by mistake - 2010. can I recover the original?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today by addressing your question. If you did this with the document open, then you can try to undo changes that you have made and Word will still "remember" them. However if you closed the document then the changes are permanent unless you: 1. Had track changes enabled you are able to see your changes and reject your changes. 2. If you are using a backup or a cloud save you can check to see if you have a previous version that has not yet been synced. 3. If you are using Windows Vista or later and have activated shadow copies, you could get the file back by right clicking on the file in Explorer and choosing "Properties". If the shadow copy functionality is available, there should be a "Previous Versions" tab. If shadow copies was activated, the tab should list one or more previous versions of your document.(See: This Link for more information)If none of the above worked, then unfortunately you are out of luck in recovering those modifications.Let me know if this answers your question,Dan

Related Microsoft Office Questions