Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Hi Can you help me? I have 3 columns A=First Name, B= Last

Hi Can you help me? I have...
Hi
Can you help me?
I have 3 columns A=First Name, B= Last name C- Full Name
I used the following formula for the full name
I cannot find a way to remove the formula so column 3 prints out only full name - I want to delete A & B
11/13/2013
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

A simple fix to this is to 'hide' the first two columns.
- Right click the header "A" and choose Hide
- Right click the header "B" and choose Hide

Now when you print, it will not print those two columns.

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason

THis does not answer my question as I need the last 2 columns to upload to Paperless Post

If it was only to print I could have done that

I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

You used the word print, so I assumed you meant print.

Please, elaborate on your description of the problem.

I need to be able to create this is plain text to upload to Paperless Post

Jason

I know you are busy but did you understand what it is I need to do. I konw it is simple but it is very annoying as I have done it before!

I do understand.

If you simply need to export it to Paperless Port as text, can you just select the needed values with the mouse, copy them, open a new sheet, and paste them?

No, when I do that I get an error in all cells in the column.

Okay. That is because you are using formulas.

Instead of a normal copy, do a special copy, and choose to paste the "Values".

When you paste, click the down arrow button next to the Paste button, choose "Special", choose Values, and click Ok.

OK How do I do a special copy? I am going to try to find it but need your answer. Unfortunately I am against a deadline now!

I explained how to do so above.

Sorry, it is a special PASTE.

Just copy and do the special paste.

NO it did not work. It joined up the name & the email in both columns and then when I experimented by deleting cell A1 the first name delelted

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? No extra charge.

ok

Thank you.

If you are using a PC, Internet Explorer works the best. If you are using a Mac, only Safari will work with this remote.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=4cf747ca-c138-4746-83bf-edcf101138f7

I have to start safari but am now on a conference call . Is there any way I can get back to you later?

You sure can.

Please, let me know when you have returned.

Jason

Someone on our conference all sorted it out for me. You are right it is paste special but I needed to know to paste values.

Sorry - not too satisfied & want to cancel service

You tried!

Yes, that is exactly what I told you.

You had to Paste Special and Choose values. Those are my words verbatim.

You can rate me below and I will then let them know that you are not interested in a subscription.

Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Jason Jones, Computer Technician