Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Hi, i am wanting to make an Excel sheet for work. An attendance

record list. But also to...
Hi, i am wanting to make an Excel sheet for work. An attendance record list. But also to put in sheets an ongoing yearly calendar to highlight the dates as a visual for each employee.
11/12/2013
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

Would you be willing to send me your sample file?

upload to

www.wikisend.com

after uploading they give you a file ID#

paste that ID# XXXXX
do you still need help with this?

Hi, The file ID is 444448. Im looking for something like this in my example eg Adrian has had a few days off so i put it in the register sheet. And then i want it to mark the date on a yearly calendar for different colour codes under his personal sheet. Then be able to change calendar years and of course add new employees to the list. Thanks Jen

i have the file thanks.

So essentially you are looking to take the dates that you have in column D and based on that date and the name in Column A Higlight the cells in that persons sheet that = that date?

Am I on the right track?

Correct yes

ok

what colors do you want to use, and what crieteria do you want to use to do the colors?

Red for sick all day, and orange for going home early, green for personal day off.

how in your table are you determining which one of those it is?

I dont know Yell

I mean I see 2 columns with 1s and 0s

if you want to add a 3rd column

column 1 = sick
column 2 = early
column 3 = personal

then something like that could work

oh ok yes that sounds good, Sorry im not good at excel at all

ok, give me some time to work on this.

You will be contacted when I have a solution

Woohoo thanks so much! Laughing

welcome.

if you provided an email when you asked the question the site will notifiy you when I post a response.

or

you can bookmark this url to get back to me

http://www.justanswer.com/microsoft-office/83yq3-hi-wanting-excel-sheet-work-attendance.html

I thought of another another coloumn (Late)... for the people who arrive Late to work .....any color

one thing at a time.

lets complete this transaction.

then we will worry about additions later.
great news. This should be working now!

click this link

http://ge.tt/4Fhiwky/v/0?c

then click the blue download link to retireve the file.

when you open this file in excel you may get a message like one of the 3 following images

graphic

you have to click enable content if you get this message. Or this will not work.

When you open the sheet goto your main sheet, then click the "update celandar" button at the top of the sheet, and the macro will do the rest. You can fill in as much data as you want and click the button again to re-run the macro.

let me know if you have any questions, problems, concerns, ect.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY SERVICE SO I GET PAID FOR MY TIME

YOU DO SO WITH THE SMILEY FACES BENEATH MY ANSWER

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH RATING

Yes that how i want it to work thank you. Can you add another coloum and colour for Late's.

Also what are the green little triangles in the grey shaded area of the register?

I will be happy to make modifications after we complete this transaction. Since making further modifications goes beyond the original request, the site requires that this be a new question.

The little green triangles just mean that I entered some of the 1s manually instead of using whatever formula you were using.

after rating you can ask your additional question by doing the following

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

I think i have completed the transaction correctly?

yes?

do you want to open your new question now?

I should be able to make the changes fairly quickly once I get the new question

you can visit my profile

and ask a question right in my box,

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager