Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I have Office Home & Business 2010 on my desk top. Suddenly,

I have Office Home &...
I have Office Home & Business 2010 on my desk top.
Suddenly, when I click on the launch icons for Word (2010) I get the message: Windows cannot find ‘C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 14\WINWORD.EXE’
And, when I click on the launch icos for Outlook (2010), I get the message: Windows cannot find ‘C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 14\OUTLOOK.EXE’
I have tried reloading the Office programme from the disc provided (when I Purchased) but, to no avail. The recommended and purchased RegCure Pro proramme has proved similarly useless.
Can you advise what I must do to resolve these problems???
11/9/2013
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

Can I initiate a remote session. This will allow me to see your screen and fix this for you?

How do we do that?

http://csharporbflat.freeiz.com/ja/remote/

goto that site and follow the instructions

if you cannot get to that site let me know and I will give you an alternative
perhaps you made an error in pasting your 9 digit code

do you care to try again?
solution provided via remote.

let me know if you aer stiil having problems after following my instructions
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Andrew: All appears good but we need to finish off with Outlook. How to we proceed??

Alan

just give me your 9 digit code
its late were I am, can we pick this up at another time?

How Do We Do That??

I will contact you tomarrow
Richard, Software Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you click Start, Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a Program.

Click on Office and click Change, then Repair.

Let this complete, and when it has, restart the computer and tell me if Office now starts.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
As I promised, I am contacting you to continue where we left off.

I see you are offline right now, I will try to check back with you later this evening, after 8PM EST. Hopefully we can finish then

Hi Andrew

Back on deck (it's 8am here). Don't think finishing off will take long as everything seems to be working OK. It's probably just a case of restoring that Outlook stuff, unless you've go other things in mind.

Best

Alan

Alan.

I am back now, please provide your 9 digit number when you are ready to continue.

Paste that number here.

thanks

Andrew

Code is 705-425-980

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager