Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

How do I print Autocorrect list in Windows 8 (Word) and how

Customer Question
do I export it to...
How do I print Autocorrect list in Windows 8 (Word) and how do I export it to a second pc?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/1/2013
Microsoft Office Technician: salah16, Software Engineer replied 4 years ago
salah16
salah16, Software Engineer
The following sample macro code creates a new document containing all of your AutoCorrect entries:
Sub InsertAutoCorrectEntries()

Dim ACE As AutoCorrectEntry
' Create new document.
Documents.Add

' Iterate through AutoCorrect entries.
For Each ACE In Application.AutoCorrect.Entries
' Insert each entry name and its value on a new line.
Selection.TypeText ACE.Name & vbTab & ACE.Value & " " & vbCr
Next

' Format document for three columns.
With ActiveDocument.PageSetup.TextColumns
.SetCount NumColumns:=3
.EvenlySpaced = True
.LineBetween = True
.Width = InchesToPoints(1.67)
.Spacing = InchesToPoints(0.5)
End With

' Set TabStop for all three columns.
ActiveDocument.Paragraphs.TabStops(InchesToPoints(0.88)).Position = _
InchesToPoints(0.88)

End Sub

This article answers your 2nd question:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926927

How to move formatted AutoCorrect entries

To manually move formatted AutoCorrect entries that are stored in the default template file from one computer to another computer, follow these steps:
Exit all 2007 Office programs on the source computer.
On the source computer, locate the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
Copy the Normal.dotm file to an intermediate location that the destination computer can access.

Note Some examples of intermediate locations that the destination computer can access include an e-mail account, a floppy disk, or a CD.
Exit all 2007 Office programs on the destination computer.
On the destination computer, locate the following folder:
Rename the Normal.dotm file to Normal.bak. To do this, follow these steps:
Right-click Normal.dotm, and then click Rename.
Type Normal.bak, and then press ENTER.
Copy the Normal.dotm file from the intermediate location, and then paste the Normal.dotm file to the following folder:
Start Word 2007.
The formatted AutoCorrect entries from the source computer are now on the destination computer. To move your existing styles and macros from the Normal.bak file to the Normal.dotm file, use the Organizer. To open the Organizer, follow these steps:
Click the Developer tab. If the Developer tab does not appear, click the Microsoft Office Button, click Word Options, click Popular, click to select the Show the Developer tab in the Ribbon check box, and then click OK.
Click Macros in the Code group.
Click Organizer.

I have never worked with macro's. This is all new to me. Can you please explain step by step where to go and what to do.

Thanks

you're welcome I am going to prepare a working model for you, and send it to you. Please be patient.

answer modified:

you can download this document and open it to get your results:

http://wikisend.com/download/916418/printing_Autocorrect_list.docm

if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you

When finished please rate the service.

Hi there, I figured out how to do macros, but it is only printing the new auto correct that i captured today. It doesnt show or print stuff i did yesterday or the standard stuff. What nowA?

salah16
salah16
salah16, Software Engineer