Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

transferring data from worksheet 1 to worksheet 2

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Can you send me a copy or dummy of the Excel file that you are working on? It will be easier for me to work directly on the file so that I can follow your desired output immediately.

If this is possible, you can upload the file to http://wikisend.com and then give me the download link or the 6-digit File ID.

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jess, I loaded it on wikisend, 610408

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so what I want to do is worksheet one is a listing of food orders,

on worksheet 2 I want to be able to just enter the a specific row ie say row 1 in worksheet 1 and have it appear neatly and printable in worksheet 2, in the template I have created

Hi Sally,

Please give me a moment to work on this. I will give you the completed or modified file.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you

You're welcome. Please give me a moment...

Jess
Hi Sally,

Thank you for patiently waiting. I completed the file and you can download it here:

http://wikisend.com/download/179696/Group Meal Order Sheet_rev1.xlsx

I used the vlookup formula to pull out information from the running sheet INTO the Printable copy sheet. However, you need to put the ROW number to pull out and I placed it on the top cell as you can see in the completed file.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) once you have all the information you need. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you have any other questions, please ask me or reply to me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's fantastic, exactly what I wanted. Vlookup... I will have to read up on that stuff. thank you once again.

Sally,

Thank you for writing back. Yes, the formula needed for your requirement is vlookup so that you can pull out the data from sheet 1 and display them on the printable sheet.

I believe the final file I gave you shows how it works.

In the vlookup formula, all you need to change is the column that you want to pull out. For instance:

=VLOOKUP($B$1,'Running Sheet'!$A$3:$U$52,2,FALSE)

That formula pulls out Group Name data since it calls for column 2 (the 2 before FALSE).

I hope that helped.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jess, did you get my additional questions?

Sally,

Yes, I just posted an answer there.

Thanks.

Jess